The Chamber of Commerce is pleased to bring back CHRI$TMA$ BUCK$. The holidays are fast approaching and what better way to help out the community than by keeping the shopping right here in Eastland. The program will start NOVEMBER 1, 2010.
The following will explain how this program works:
- Customers will take out a 0% loan at First Financial Bank. They can borrow up to $2,500 which they will receive in CHRI$TMA$ BUCK$.
- The Chamber will develop a list of businesses where the buck$ can be used like money.
- The First Financial Bank will stamp the back of the buck$. The customer will receive their buck$ and a list of participating merchants from the bank.
- Customers will spend their CHRI$TMA$ BUCK$ at any of the participating merchants.
- Both the merchant and the customer will sign each CHRI$TMA$ BUCK$ at the time of purchase.
- Customers must spend the buck$ by Dec. 24.
- Merchants must deliver their buck$ to the Chamber by December 29; buck$ can be brought in weekly.
- The Chamber of Commerce will sign for each merchant’s CHRI$TMA$ BUCK$ and deliver them to the First Financial Bank.
- The First Financial Bank will give the merchant a cashier’s check for the amount owed, less 3%.
- Customers will repay their loans by October 31, 2011. Any CHRI$TMA$ BUCK$ not used will be applied to the repayment of the loan.
Local businesses, if you want to participate in this program or have questions, please contact the chamber at 254.629.2332 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Keep Eastland Local!