Economic Development Corporation’s Vision Statement: To be a community experiencing positive growth through improved economic and job opportunities, increasing community wealth, while enhancing the quality of life for all citizens.
Economic Development Corporation’s Mission Statement: To facilitate the creation of new and better jobs, enticing capital investment and diversifying the tax base.
NOTICE is hereby given that a Regular Meeting of the Eastland Economic Development Inc. Board of Directors of the above-named City will be held on the 11th day of October 2010, at 12:00 p.m. in the Commission Chambers at the Eastland City Hall, 113 East Commerce, in Eastland, Texas, at which time the following agenda items will be considered:
I. MEETING CALLED TO ORDER
II. INVOCATION AND PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
III. APPROVE MINUTES OF THE MEETING HELD ON SEPTEMBER 13, 2010
IV. FINANCIAL REPORT
V. ELECT 2010/2011 OFFICERS
VI. THE EEDI BOARD OF DIRECTORS MAY DISCUSS AND TAKE ACTION ON THE
FOLLOWING AGENDA ITEMS:
1. DISCUSS AND CONSIDER REVISION TO INTERSTATE BILLBOARDS DESIGN
2. DISCUSS AND CONSIDER CONTRACT WITH TXOL INTERNET FOR EASTLAND WEBSITE MAINTENANCE
3. DISCUSS ANC CONSIDER “MEMORANDUM OF UNDERSTANDING” WITH EASTLAND CHAMBER OF COMMERCE REGARDING BUSINESS RETENTION AND EXPANSION PROGRAMS
4. DISCUSS AND CONSIDER CHANGES TO BLUE CROSS BLUE SHIELD OF TEXAS EEDI EMPLOYEE MEDICAL COVERAGE
5. DISCUSS AND CONSIDER REGISTRATION AND ATTENDANCE TO TMCN 17TH ANNUAL TEXAS MIDWEST CONFERENCE “LEADERSHIP MAKES THE DIFFERENCE”, OCTOBER 20, ABILENE CIVIC CENTER
VII. EXECUTIVE SESSION: IN ACCORDANCE WITH LOCAL GOVERNMENT CODE §551.071 CONSULT WITH ATTORNEY AND IN ACCORDANCE WITH LOCAL GOVERNMENT CODE §551.087 ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT
1. §551.087 CONTRACT WITH HIBBS AND TODD
2. §551.071 MORGAN BUILDINGS
3. §551.071 L & M SERVICES
VIII. DIRECTOR’S REPORT
IX. PUBLIC COMMENT
The Board may vote and/or act upon each item listed in this Agenda. The Board reserves the right to retire into executive session concerning any item listed on this Agenda, whenever it is considered necessary and legally justified under the Open Meetings Act.
CERTIFICATION NOTICE OF ASSISTANCE
I certify that a copy of this agenda was posted on the bulletin board The Eastland City Hall and Commission Chambers are
and on the front window of Eastland City Hall located at 113 East wheelchair accessible and accessible parking spaces are
Commerce St., Eastland, Texas, before 12:00 p.m. on Oct. 8, 2010 available. Requests for accommodation or interpretive
services must be made 48 hours prior to this meeting.
Please contact the city secretary’s office at (254) 629-8321
for information or assistance.
Shirley Stuart, City Secretary
City of Eastland, Texas