EASTLAND ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT, INC.
NOTICE OF MEETING
Economic Development Corporation’s Vision Statement: To be a community experiencing positive growth through improved economic and job opportunities, increasing community wealth,
while enhancing the quality of life for all citizens.
Economic Development Corporation’s Mission Statement: To facilitate the creation of new and
better jobs, enticing capital investment and diversifying the tax base.
NOTICE is hereby given that a Regular Meeting of the Eastland Economic Development Inc. Board of Directors of the above-named City will be held on the 13th day of September 2010, at 12:00 p.m. in the Commission Chambers at the Eastland City Hall, 113 East Commerce, in Eastland, Texas, at which time the following agenda items will be considered:
I. MEETING CALLED TO ORDER
II. INVOCATION AND PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
III. APPROVE MINUTES OF MEETINGS HELD ON JULY 12, AUGUST 19, & SEPT. 1, 2010
IV. FINANCIAL REPORT
V. THE EEDI BOARD OF DIRECTORS MAY DISCUSS AND TAKE ACTION ON THE
FOLLOWING AGENDA ITEMS:
1. DISCUSS AND CONSIDER REALLOCATION OF 2009/10 EEDI BUDGET LINE ITEMS
2. DISCUSS AND CONSIDER 2010/2011 EEDI PROPOSED BUDGET
3. DISCUSS AND CONSIDER BIDS FOR EEDI BUSINESS PARK SCREENING FENCE
4. DISCUSS AND CONSIDER PROPOSAL FROM WILLIAMSON SURVEYING, INC. FOR STAKING EEDI PROPERTY TO BE FENCED
5. DISCUSS AND CONSIDER PROPOSAL FROM KRAZER MARKETING FOR DESIGN AND INSTALLATION OF NEW AD FOR EASTLAND INTERSTATE SIGNS (2)
6. DISCUSS AND CONSIDER EEDI SPONSORSHIP IN THE AMOUNT $1,000, WHICH INCLUDES TWO COMPLIMENTARY REGISTRATIONS, FOR THE TEXAS ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT COUNCIL SUMMER CONFERENCE, TO BE HELD IN ABILENE, TEXAS, JULY 27-29, 2011
7. DISCUSS AND CONSIDER ECONOMIC RESEARCH PROJECT RELATING TO EEDI BUSINESS PARK DEVELOPMENT AND TO PROVIDE FUTURE POTENTIAL GRANT DATA
8. DISCUSS AND CONSIDER RECOMMENDATION TO CITY COMMISSION FOR REAPPOINTMENT OF BOARD MEMBER TOM CROWDER
VI. CONSULTANT’S REPORT
VII. PUBLIC COMMENT
The Board may vote and/or act upon each item listed in this Agenda. The Board reserves the right to retire into executive session concerning any item listed on this Agenda, whenever it is considered necessary and legally justified under the Open Meetings Act.
CERTIFICATION NOTICE OF ASSISTANCE
I certify that a copy of this agenda was posted on the bulletin board The Eastland City Hall and Commission Chambers are
and on the front window at the City Hall of the City of Eastland, wheelchair accessible and accessible parking spaces are
Texas, before 12:00 p.m. on September 10, 2010. available. Requests for accommodation or interpretive
services must be made 48 hours prior to this meeting. Please contact the city secretary’s office at (254) 629-8321
for information or assistance.
Shirley Stuart, City Secretary
City of Eastland, Texas